My home on the web!
Sunday, September 25, 2005
  Greetings from the (not so) White North!!
Well, I'm in Washington D.C. now - last night (friday) we left and drove the twenty-one hours from home to here all at once. Let me tell you, that is one looooonnnnnngggg drive!! Fortunately, there were two of us, so we split it up: I took the first 6 hours, my girlfriend took the next 6, then I drove 8 or so overnight while she slept and I woke her up in the morning a little after sunrise so she could drive again.

We stopped in a small town in southwest Virginia for breakfast.. that was an experience. My first time ever to eat in a Cracker Barrel, and also my first time to eat at a Cracker Barrel in a small town in apallachia (sp?). Interesting, very interesting indeed. When everyone has more teeth than IQ, things start getting fun... I jest, of course, because their IQ really was higher than the number of teeth in their mouth - but only because none of them had teeth!! Ok, ok.. I'm joking again, and it's not nice.

So, sometime this early afternoon, we pulled into the hotel parking lot in Fairfax, Virginia and got checked in. First things first, I hooked up my laptop and got connected to the internet!! :) Had to check the email, right? Next priority was to find somewhere to eat and shower - not necessarily in that order.

So, we're here. Safe and sound. It's very different up here. If you've never made a trip to D.C. (or the surrounding area), I highly recommend it. You'll have lots of fun exploring (read: getting lost on the one way roads that you can't find your way back from) and viewing the sights.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This page will contain general messages - probably completely unrelated to medicine (and also probably totally unrelated to anything else, either). I'm seeing a bunch of random crap about music, computers, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
July 2004
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006


Powered by Blogger