My home on the web!
Friday, September 09, 2005
  New Window Manager
Well, after I spent all that time (not really that long, in actuality) updating KDE to the new version (3.4.2), I've just installed the Enlightenment Window Manager to try out. I've heard a lot of good things about E (as it's called), so I had to take a look. In fact, I'm using it as we speak. I'm still poking around, trying to see what I can do with it or if I'll keep it on my computer.

That's the great thing about Linux - you have choices for everything you do. Window manager? You have KDE, Gnome, Xfce, Enlightenment, Fluxbox and more! Office software? There's OpenOffice, AbiWord, StarOffice, Koffice, GnomeOffice. Internet browsers? Here we go: Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, Konqueror, Galeon.. the list goes on. Of course, with this variety comes the difficulty of actually making a choice of what works for you - which can be overwhelming when you come from the Windows world where the choice is simple - whatever Microsoft feeds you is what you use: Internet Explorer, MS Office, and the MS windowing system.

Choice is what you make of it.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This page will contain general messages - probably completely unrelated to medicine (and also probably totally unrelated to anything else, either). I'm seeing a bunch of random crap about music, computers, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
July 2004
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006


Powered by Blogger