My home on the web!
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
  Three days in
Well, Toto has been living with me for 3 days now (this is day 3), and aside from only getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night because she cries, things are going well. She is settling in, and last night I actually got 3 hours of sleep instead of 1 the night before. I can tell you, lack of sleep really sucks.

She spends a lot of her time in the closet in my room - she has found a place she can hide, so she'll come out from time to time to see what is going on, but mostly she stays in the closet. Last night around 4am was the first time she had been out of my room - she went for a quick tour of the apartment, after which she ran straight back to my room and lost herself in the closet again. I figure she will get used to it soon enough.

My main concern is that she doesn't seem to be eating much. Before she moved, she would eat at least twice a day. Since she moved, she only seems to pick at her food maybe once daily. She is still drinking water, so that is a good sign - but her not eating is worrisome to me. I think it is probably just the stress of the move and having to acclimatize herself to a new and scary enviroment. I've tried to be here as much as possible and pet her and try to make her as comfortable as I possibly can so she will settle into a "rhythm" here in my apartment and not be so frightened. I would really like to see her eat a nice bowl of food, just once.

I'm sure it will just take time.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This page will contain general messages - probably completely unrelated to medicine (and also probably totally unrelated to anything else, either). I'm seeing a bunch of random crap about music, computers, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
July 2004
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006


Powered by Blogger