My home on the web!
Friday, November 04, 2005
  Living in a hotel
Well, my rotation is over (and has been for the past week) and now I'm on "vacation" to do residency interviews. The good thing is that I don't have to get up really early to go to work. The bad part is that I now have nowhere to live. It sucks. So, my girlfriend and I have spent the past week living in a hotel.

Not the best of situations.

Fortuntately, we are in one of those "Long stay hotels," which is really much more like a small apartment than a hotel. It still isn't home, though.

The good thing is there is free internet access here, which is nice. I recently got a new laptop and I'm still trying to find a linux distro that works well with the hardware and lets me do everything I want. Right now, I'm using Mandriva, but I think I'll be switching pretty soon. Right now, I'm looking at SUSE and Fedora. I'm still toying around with Gentoo and Debian as well. I really like the idea of Debian as a community, but I like the source built power of Gentoo. Anyway, that's for a later day.

Right now, I'm hanging out in the hotel and writing on my blog. I've been pretty neglectful of my blogs lately, but not much is going on right now in my life. I have some info about my interviews to post, but otherwise, I'm just hanging out, doing a lot of reading for fun (in fact, I need to find a book store so I can buy some more books to read), and spending time with my girlfriend.

While I'm enjoying the time "off," I would rather spend the time at home. I hate to say it, but I miss my Xbox :)

How pathetic, huh?
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This page will contain general messages - probably completely unrelated to medicine (and also probably totally unrelated to anything else, either). I'm seeing a bunch of random crap about music, computers, and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Blog Links
Medical Links
Non-medical Links
ARCHIVES
July 2004
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006


Powered by Blogger